This year, just for fun, we decided to celebrate the Chinese New Year with a party. We had a lot of friends over to our place, and everyone brought their favorite Chinese food. I made a gluten free orange chicken, and decided to polish up my old bar tending skills by making a new cocktail for the special night. Enter the “Prancing Pony Cocktail”.
I wanted something light and refreshing with ingredients that even I could partake of. This recipe fit the bill. Now, this recipe is not for a single serving. its for the whole dang pitcher! Trust me. When you serve this for summer barbecue parties, you will love that it’s for a pitcher full of drinks. The best part is that you can store your blender pitcher in the fridge until the next guest needs a drink and then just whip up another one by mixing it again and adding the optional garnish on the top.
I used “Tres Agaves Organic Margarita Mix” because it’s gluten free. But you can always substitute this for another brand that you know if safe. You will want to make sure the rest of your ingredients are gluten free. Then you should be fine to enjoy a refreshing summer cocktail. Enjoy!
- 2 cups "Tres Agaves Organic Margarita Mix"
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 cup "Canada Dry" seltzer water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 can of mandarin oranges drained (add juice to cocktail mix)
- 1 can of chuck pineapple drained (add juice to cocktail mix)
- Fresh Raspberries
- Add all liquid ingredients to blender pitcher.
- Mix well
- Add crushed ice to pitcher until drinks are think like a margarita
- Pour into chilled glasses
- For garnish use optional chopsticks to place pieces of orange, raspberries and pineapple on or just place fruit on top of the drink.