Lets face it, after running the kids to school, grocery shopping, laundry and finishing off that to do list that’s so big you have to write it on a roll of toilet paper, you need a quick meal to cook. This easy 30 minute Italian pasta dinner will help you feed the family, save your budget and get you off your feet fast. The best part is that it’s much healthier than any store bought boxed version, and tastes so much better, your family will rave about how delicious it is. You don’t have to tell them how easy it was to prepare. You’re secret is safe with us
Now a word of caution; Don’t skimp on the ingredients. I’ve had times when I ran out of something (fire roasted tomatoes) and substituted another ingredient (stewed tomatoes). You just won’t get the same rich, full, savory flavor of this dish if you do.
This easy 30 minute Italian pasta dinner is made with gluten free brown rice pasta. Feel free to exchange the pasta with one that you prefer. If using a non gluten free pasta, it may shorten your cooking time by a few minutes.
First add a tsp of olive oil to a large skillet.
Next add your chopped onion and 2 minced cloves of garlic, and cook until the onions are translucent.
To this, add one pound of grass-fed ground beef and cook until lightly brown.
Next add 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, your seasonings, Worcestershire, sun dried tomato pesto and chicken broth. Stir well
Now you’re ready to add 2 cups of your favorite pasta. For ours we add 2 cups of gluten free brown rice pasta.
Make sure you have enough liquid in your pan to just barely cover your pasta. If you’re a little short, just add a little more chicken broth.
It should look like this
That’s it! Now just cover with a lid and simmer 20 to 25 minutes until your pasta is tender.
I like to add a little mozzarella cheese to the top before serving.
I hope this helps you get out of the kitchen faster and gives you a little more time to enjoy other things that are important to you.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pound of grass feed ground beef
- 2 15 ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 Tbls sun dried tomato pesto
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Pearins if gluten free)
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 cups of gluten free brown rice pasta (or pick your favorite pasta)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- To a large skillet add 1 tsp of olive oil, chopped onion & minced garlic. Cook till translucent
- Add one pound of ground beef and cook till lightly brown
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, pesto, seasonings, Worcestershire & chicken broth. Stir well.
- Pour in 2 cups of brown rice pasta and stir.
- Make sure pasta is just barely covered with liquid. If not enough liquid add a little more chicken broth.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover with lid.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Top with shredded cheese if desired.